Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Music

at church on Sunday I heard the statement "if you want a christian home then listen to good christian music" and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Music was always something I always struggled with, it seemed so hard to listen to the right music because the wrong music just seemed so much better. I used to listen to rock, and not your average rock music and I can't believe I'm about to put this out there for everyone to read but here it goes... I listened to Avenged Sevenfold, Blink 182, (my two favorites) Metallica, and a very long list of other bands. If you were to go to any of those bands websites they are obviously not God honoring, and a couple of them on the verge of satanic. At this point I can't tell you the last time I listened to any kind of rock music, but I did replace that with country music instead which isn't as bad as rock music (which is what I kept telling myself) but it certainly isn't God honoring either. I made the decision that I wanted little man to grow up in a good, God honoring, christian home. I knew music was a part of that so while I'm in the car with little man I always listen to christian music but when I've had a bad day or sometimes just because I'll flip the radio station to country music. I already knew that music does affect your attitude but on Sunday I was sitting in church thinking "what on earth am I doing?! if I want a good, christian, God honoring home, it has to start with ME! and I have to listen to the right kind of music, whether Levi is in the car with me or not!"

No comments:

Post a Comment