Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Divorce

This blog isn't to condone divorce because I will be the first person to tell someone not to get divorced! This blog is to tell my story, to tell where I came from, where I am now, and where God is taking me. So here it goes, In December 2010 My husband and I separated and I thought my entire life was over, I was suddenly a single mom to a 3 month old and not working enough hours to pay all the bills. I never wanted my son to come from a broken home, especially at only 3 months old. I had no idea how to feel, what to think, or what to do. So, I cried and I kept going, but for a couple months I just wanted to give up because there was no way I could do it on my own. Then I looked at my son and got the motivation I needed. It wasn't easy, but I kept going and most importantly, I prayed, prayed, and prayed. Through Gods provision, I got more hours and was able to pay my bills and when I wasn't working, I spent every moment I could with Levi. Through the past year and seven months by Gods grace I have changed so much and realized just how much strength, through Him, I really had. Now, I look back and laugh about thinking my life was over and thinking there was no way I could put all the pieces back together. Now, I am SO thankful for the divorce and can honestly say it is one of the best things to happen to me! Through the divorce I have grown so much in the Lord and learned so much about trusting him for all aspects of my life. So there it is, I am divorced! I used to be so ashamed of it because you know, God hates divorce. Then I realized that yes, God hates divorce but just because I'm divorced does that really mean God can't do anything with me for the rest of my life because of it?! NO! That's just crazy! God can do anything with anyone no matter what they have done and once I got that through my head, I stopped worrying so much what people would think and once people found out WHY I was getting divorced, it wasn't such a big deal anymore, don't worry, I won't go into all the details of the divorce on here.

-so blessed <3

No comments:

Post a Comment